Are you passionate about developing simple, elegant solutions to complex problems? Do you like working closely with customers and delighting them with amazing user experiences?
Amazon Browse is responsible for guiding users across the billions of products available on Amazon. Our team builds tools and automated processes to continually improve the categories and filters that customers use to fulfill their shopping missions. Our tools enable information scientists (Taxonomists) to manipulate our customer-facing product knowledge graph. Come join our experienced group of software engineers to help us present the best customer navigation experience in international e-commerce.
We are looking for experienced front-end and full-stack engineers who want to work on cutting-edge web technologies to help us build the future of the product discovery experience. We are reinventing our internal tools through metrics, machine learning, automation, and user centered design. We have autonomy and flexibility on our tech stack, which has allowed us to adopt new industry trends like React, Redux, scss, and GraphQL. Our new solutions will empower Amazon to spot opportunities and to immediately improve the knowledge graph. We need great engineers to design and build an efficient and delightful User Experience, while pushing forward the state-of-the-art for Amazon internal tooling.
As a Software Development Engineer in Amazon Browse, you will work with engineers, data scientists, taxonomists, and business teams to build elegant solutions to address the unique challenges related to global, online product discovery. You will work backwards from the Amazon customer, leveraging great UX design, large scale back-end systems, analytics, and machine learning. You will have the opportunity to lead high impact, technically challenging projects that will influence the technical strategy of the whole organization.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or 4+ additional years work experience)
· 4+ years relevant professional development experience
· Strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
· Proficiency in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· Familiarity with React, Redux, and GraphQL
· Proficiency in Java, git, and building software on the AWS platform
· Experience building and operating online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work well in a team
· Experience working in an agile software development organization
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation