Job DescriptionPinto’s mission is to make nutrition information fully transparent, easily accessible, and personalized for both consumers and businesses alike. To do this, we're rapidly bringing the world of food online and making it personalized across every dietary need and preference. Over 35% of Americans now follow a specific dietary eating pattern, and our data platform is organizing the world of food at scale with partners that include Whole Foods and Kroger.
We’re now looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to build features and improve the Pinto Web clients, a suite of data platforms used by industry partners and consumers to visualize and make sense of complex food data and analytics.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone looking to join in the earliest stages of a rapidly growing technology startup solving a meaningful problem in health and nutrition!
What you will be doing:
● Work on the front-end of the Pinto stack using tools like React.js and GraphQL
● Work with our Research & Nutrition teams to gain a deep knowledge of underlying use cases in food data and nutrition
● Build interfaces and tools to display, process, and update data on the Pinto platform
What you should have:
● 1+ years experience with React.js
● 1+ years of Node.js experience
● Deep understanding of building responsive Web apps from the ground up
● Strong UX and design sensibilities, and a desire to sweat the small stuff
● Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
● Based in NYC, or able to relocate to NYC
Bonus points for:
● Experience with React Native, Apollo/GraphQL, Webpack, MongoDB
● Experience working with automated browser testing
● Experience with or strong interest in data visualization
● Understanding of common performance best-practices and perf debugging
Company DescriptionPinto is the smart food data platform, designed for the needs of today's consumers in the world of personalized diet. To do this, we're rapidly bringing the world of food online and making it personalized across every dietary need and preference — everything from general diets like Vegan, Paleo, Keto, Heart Health, Mediterranean, and Whole 30, to the long tail of ingredient and allergen considerations like Lactose Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, and No Added Sugars. Over 35% of Americans now follow a specific dietary eating pattern, and our data platform is organizing the world of food at scale with partners that include Whole Foods and Kroger.
For consumers, the Pinto app and Web platform provides personalized nutrition info, ratings, product searches, and analysis, directly from their phone or desktop.
For businesses, Pinto's Data & Analytics Platform rapidly brings their product inventories online — with complete data and digital assets — in order to power data-driven and personalized food applications across their business.
Come join us on our mission as we build the future of smart, personalized food data!